01

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Our Basement Guest Bedroom Reveal

This is the final reveal from our basement Reno. This is our Guestroom located in our basement, yet you'd never know it. It has a huge window full of natural light. To keep with our basement Coastal vibe we decorated with neutrals and blues.. with lots of natural elements.. See the full details below..



We had the walls painted in BM Edgecomb Gray for a light neutral back drop.
In the corner of the room we have a comfy white slipcovered chair from Ikea. To save money I made art for the bedroom. I stencilled this wooden seahorse from our Laundry room seahorse onto stained cedar wood planks.. and poof instant art!  Then for some focal art above the headboard I combined some of my favourite quotes onto a large wooden sign plank sign.
I used vintage corbels and a large plank of wood to create a shelf to hold frames. I used a mix of black frames with some of the best black and white photos from our first family vacation.
Below the corbel shelving I have this vintage wicker trunk with this cute custom picture pillow of our daughter from My Mom's Etsy shop
Beside the bed I used our old side tables from our Living Room.. I will post the latest changes on our current living room soon.
The bed is the Ikea Fjell bed frame with some changes. See the bed frame before HERE.  For the bedding I kept it traditionally nautical. A white quilt and matching euro pillows, A mix of blue shades striped comforter and of course lots of throw pillows.
Some pillows I made myself, some I bought. This adorable seahorse pillow just makes the room! It was made by this Etsy shop
 
To go with the whole nautical theme I found this large Map of a local city for only $4.. Of course I had to change a few things.. you can see the BEFORE HERE.
The mirror was another bargain find.. only $30 at Homesense. I loved the details and how it had little hooks. its perfect for holding a woven bag full of dried lavender. 

If you liked this room you may like our basement Family Room Reveal or Bar Area Reveal.


Shared With:

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!


7 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Your whole basement makeover is gorgeous and this space really flows nicely with the rest. The bedding is very pretty too. The area in the map is one of our favourites as well. We have tons of family in the area and hope to retire further west on the Bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth.. I loved the Map too, so many great memories there.

      Delete
  2. How beautiful! It looks so coastal, peaceful and serene! All the details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Benita for taking the time to write such nice comments.
      ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. Lisa,
    Love this room makeover. All the coastal touches are just my style!! Thank you for sharing it at my Show and Share party...it will be featured at this weeks party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda for choosing to feature our Guest Bedroom!! :)

      Delete
  4. It's pinworthy. Very nice colors.

    ReplyDelete