01

Monday, September 28, 2015

Fall Home Tour 2015 Part 1

Happy Fall Everyone!! I just can't believe summer is officially over, It felt like it flew by super quick this year??.. Ah well on to the next beautiful season, Fall! It's such a pretty time of year with all the leaves changing colour.. This year around here we are keeping things fairly simple with subtle nods to Autumn by incorporating lots of natural elements. See it all by clicking link below...


Welcome,  I split our home tour into 2 parts so you can see all the rooms.
Here on our porch I hung our seasonal 'Fall' banner off our antique window frame. We kept the same preserved Boxwood wreaths on the doors with natural beige Raffia bows. Our new porch addition is the 2 rust colored metal tall vases on either side of the doors. I picked them up from our local garden centre and filled them with dried Hydrangeas straight from our garden.
 
Inside I kept things simple and neutral. The front hall table has a subtle dose of orange with the pumpkin vase filler and dried white flowers. Both the pumpkin filler and pitcher are from Homesense a few years back. 
I made a festive wooden 'Pumpkins' sign from a scrap piece of wood we had hanging around.
Welcome to our Family room, you can see the summer version of it by clicking HERE
Mostly in here I just changed up our media unit decor.  The big colourful wreath hung off our mirror above our mantel made the biggest impact. I also added the galvanized lanterns from our sofa table to flank the sides of mirror, they fit the space perfectly. 
Originally I had the wreath hanging with a piece of burlap taped to the back of mirror.. Well it turns out not such a great idea. Doesn't hold .. shocker! So I decided to use our extra metal wreath hanger, but the white looked terrible. Luckily I had some extra 2 inch burlap ribbon, so I just simply glue gunned the ribbon on top of the metal hanger.. and poof, it blends, looks way more expensive and best of all my wreath is secure and is going to stay up all Fall season safely. 
I added a antique window frame to the media unit display.  I recently added chalkboard paint to the one glass panel that was still intact... I have Fun Christmas plans for it, but for now it holds the Burlap 'Autumn' Banner. I kept the rope in a jar from summer and added the must have Faux white pumpkin which I got from Target last year. 
 
The coffee table got a little sprucing up with a creamy yummy glass candle and a galvanized tin vase full of dried caramel colored hydrangeas. 
Behind the sofa I added an eclectic mix of clay vases and ornate pedestals, all from thrift shops this summer. I used planks of wood left over from our sons wall as the grounding base and to make it festive, added these cute little real white pumpkins.  
I made a FALL wooden sign from left over wood from our sons plank wall.. more on that to come.. Love simple projects of paint, stencils and wood!
Hope you enjoyed the tour.. Click here for Part 2 of our Fall Home Tour

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

4 comments:

  1. Love the Fall tour!!! I liked the burlap to regular ol' wreath hanger trick! So clever! Don't you just love all the pumpkins for Fall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelina!! I just love all the pumpkins, can't wait to hit up our local pumpkin patch :) I will be sharing part 2 fall tour tomorrow.

      Have a great week ~ Lisa

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful tour! I love your striped rug and L shaped sofa in the family room. I'm a big fan of white pumpkins and burlap too. I like how you've used subtle Fall touches throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly that means a lot coming from you as you have gorgeous taste!!

      ~Lisa

      Delete