01

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Living Room decorated for Christmas

This holiday season  I decided to add all the pops of red to the front rooms of our house.. this means our living and dining rooms are bursting with holiday reds.. see how it all turns out below..
The first thing I changed in our living room was the pillows.. Adding red themed pillows transformed the entire look of the space. On the chair I placed two whimsical Santa themed pillows.. while on the couch I kept it more classic with red and ivory ticking stripe pillows with subtle ruffles that I made a few years back.. A layered red stripe throw and whimsical Santa bolster pillow completes the look on the chaise.
I love antiques.. That meant adding vintage touches like these antique skates and old wooden ski's.. I ended up leaning the ski's behind our chair.. I had to kept them tucked behind, I still have to think of safety for our 2 little monkey's.. All the vintage touches tie in seamlessly with the rest of our antique items on our bookcases but just add a festive touch!
I've had these Merry Christmas Blocks for what seems like a million years.. I use them every year in different spots around our house.. but the last 2 they have turned into toys :( .. all the letters get rearranged or better yet go missing into random purses.. um hmm ELLE I'm talking about you!! ;) 
Here you can see how open our living room is to our dining room.. you can see the full dining room reveal HERE
I found this great Peace, Joy and Love framed card holder at Homesense last month and had to grab it.. not like I really NEED any more christmas stuff but for $29 I just couldn't resist!
Musical note ornaments that I made last year.. using wrapping paper, create a filler for our candle display.
I hung grapevine wreath off our faux. antique door.. and by adding a simple red and ivory ticking stripe fabric bow it turned festive!
Faux red berries fill a pitcher.. I know Tissue isn't particularly beautiful decor.. but its nessicary with cold and flu season.. these cute little covers make it all better. 
Hope you enjoyed our little tour of our living room.. I thought i'd end it on a funny note!!
This is my little mini me taking pics with her doc mcstuffins pretend camera for her blog ;) I thought i'd include a little taste of how Elle thinks the blocks should look.. she's into a more minimal style!!
 
See our Dining Room decorated for Christmas HERE
See our Family Room decorated for Christmas HERE
Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin 

Source list:
Rug - Joss and Main
Card holder - Homesense
Throw-Homesense
Tissue box cover - Amazon
Bolster Pillow- Indigo (2yrs ago)
Santa pillows - Indigo (last year)
Faux berries- Local Garden centre


No comments:

Post a Comment