01

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Master Bedroom Reveal

Here is our Master Bedroom Reveal.. The real big change was the ensuite bath renovation which left very little money for other additions. So this really was a Makeover using the furniture / accents that we had.. Aside from The New Crate and Barrel Colette Linen bed frame!!! It was our only huge splurge! It had been on my want / dream list for over 3 yrs.. So when we had our daughter I weaselled my way into getting it as a generous Push present!! (We needed a bed frame so what a better excuse than that?)
 We kept Our bedroom neutral to flow with the rest of the house. To stop it from being boring I mixed a lot of old and new items with neutral patterned fabrics. The bed features a beige and white striped duvet from Ikea and the best part of it is that it was under $50 and its reversible!!! I mixed it with a ton of fabric throw pillows from various sources. To soften the large window we added curtains, the curtain fabric is beige and white with a thin brown pin striped detail. The wall Art made a huge difference in this space. It not only personalized it, but It jazzed up the boring beige walls!! The Horizontal wood frame with burlap matting features some black and white professional photos from our wedding. The white Ribba Ikea frames feature some Black and white photos from a recent trip to Bahamas.. I love using trip photography.. Its such a nice reminder of where you've been and the memories you made there.
The Make-up , Reading Nook area was just that.. It was a great alcove for my vanity and french provincial chair to go. The vintage bevelled mirror above the dresser was a great $20 Goodwill find a few years back!!
The wood dressers and end tables are all from my childhood.. Eventually we plan to get a new grown up set but for now these do the trick. We painted them Antique white and changed all the hardware.. Overall they give the look I want... Just don't look too close :)

Not the best picture I know.. but to the left of the window I have a woven tray from a trip we took to Bahamas.. It made my luggage so heavy!! I thought my husband was going to explode when I walked out of the store with it, he didn't! He just shook his head.. and look it all worked out ;)
The tray is great for my laptop or breakfast in bed (which never happens!) On the tray is basket full of dried lavender.. I just love the scent of lavender in a room!
Thanks for looking. Tomorrow I will post Our Complete house tour!! Below is a Source List.

Source List:
Bed- Crate and Barrel
Striped Duvet- Ikea
Striped curtains- InVu Drapery
White ruffled Pillows-Etsy
Hat boxes- Vintage Saks
French Provincial- Vintage reupholstered Goodwill find (see before here)
Vanity-Vintage Kijiji find
Vanity Bench- Homesense
Woven bench at end of bed- Homesense
Frame above bed- Homsesense
Chair artwork- Benjamin Moore store
White frame- Ikea Ribba
Shell Lamps- Homsense
White coverlet-Homesense
Mini Dressform- Etsy (can't find shop anymore?)
Woven Tray- Bahamas home store.. Forgot the name





No comments:

Post a Comment