01

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Neutral Fall Home Tour

So Fall has officially arrived..Sept 23rd.  I was so excited this month to decorate for the Fall because my little one is getting old enough to kind of understand everything it entails like Hayrides, pumpkin picking and lets not forget trick or treating!.. So in decorating for the Fall season this year we kept it very neutral and natural looking.. Lots of beiges and whites... My fav! I have been busy making some fun festive Fall pillows by mixing some left over patterned fabric and stencilling words like 'Fall', 'Boo' and 'Harvest' on them.
Come and see how we decorated our Front Porch and House Interior... Join the Link Party at Thoughts from Alice.

On our Front porch we made this exterior bench using 2 straw bales as a bench and layering it with a ton Fall themed pillows. This straw bench is going to make a super cute Fall Photo Prop for my niece and daughter..  
 As you walk to the front doors I have a Antique window Frame with a hanging 'Autumn' Banner. The Autumn banner is made of Jute with scrap fabric bows tied on either end.
 Come inside and have a look.. I just LOVE these little white pumpkins..they are the perfect Fall accessory! I used them everywhere I could ;) I just bought this amazing Antique Dough Bowl two weekends ago at a local outdoor antique market. I got it just in time to decorate it for fall ;) I placed it as a Centerpiece on my kitchen Harvest table along with a Burlap ruffled Table Runner. To fill it up I used Spanish moss and paired with dried grass from my garden and these adorable small white pumpkins.

Our Mantel features a Burlap Fall Banner available here. Its a Mix of a Twig wood pumpkins, a vintage book, Rust colored ceramic pitchers and a Glass jug filled with dried off-white star flowers from our local garden centre.
To keep with the fall theme, just above our TV we displayed another Fall Vignette. We kept the rope in the glass jar from our summer display, I felt it went with the Rustic Neutral look I was going for. We placed the painted Deer wood planks I just painted over the nautical boat artwork that we had up there. And added a White medium sized pumpkin for good measure.
For our kitchen Buffet just some Simple change ups for the season . The daisies and hydrangeas got switched out for dried off-white star flowers. Inside the vintage tool box is a mix of dried flowers in glass milk bottles surrounded by small white pumpkins. For the Large glass hurricane vase, we switched out small white shells to Acorns.. which I painstakingly picked up off the ground while visiting my parents. What a in-expensive Vase Filler!!
 The best and easiest way to change up decorating for the seasons is through changing the Pillow covers!! I just love Burlap ones for Fall.. well I love it all year but it really goes perfect with a neutral Fall theme.
Dried Hydrageas are another cheap and easy way to fill a vase.. especially now since it's the end of the season. So if you haven't already.. go to your garden and cut the remaining flowers off your bushes.. Its the easiest way to I have found to dry them!! Another Fall change.. Filling an Urn with moss balls. ( clearance at Restoration Hardware) Moss is great natural addition to a home, plus they will transition you right into Christmas season perfectly.

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed! I will be sharing more pics of our New house soon..


2 comments: