01

Monday, November 24, 2014

Our Neutral Christmas Mantel

The Christmas Reveals continue.. Here is our Family Room Mantel. We kept it simple and a little Rustic thanks to the use of Burlap, Jute and Wood accents.
So our mantel is part of this built-in drywall media unit.. For one of our open displays I used wood planks with a  painted deer head, hand painted by moi.. we placed it over our wooden sailboat art. I added a Large wooden glittery star (Homesense) and a glass jar full of Metal Chain linked garland (Homesense)

Across the front of our Mantel shelf I casually laid a string of Brown jingles bells.
On either side of our mirror I placed these great trees.. I picked up from a Garage Sale during the summer.. You can just imagine how excited I was to decorate for the holidays in the middle of AUGUST lol.. I just switched out the ugly gold wire that was wrapped around the burlap for some red and cream striped ticking fabric that I had torn for a relaxed shabby look. Believe wooden blocks tie all the neutrals together.
Here is a wooden Snow sign I made... It points to our backyard.. Where our once beautiful pool is now covered with Snow!!! I will now be making seasonal signs.. I can't believe I didn't think of it till now!
Hanging off our Mantel shelf is 3 burlap stockings with different fabric ruffles that I ordered on Etsy last christmas but wasn't able to use them, so I finally got to display them.. Yay. 
Subtle Red checkered and ticking stripe fabric tie into our Christmas Pillows.
See Our full Tree reveal HERE.

See our FULL HOLIDAY HOUSE TOUR 2014 HERE

Shared with:
Coastal Charm - Show & Share No. 238
Confessions of a Plate Addict - Tuesdays the Scoop #146
A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire me Tuesdays - FEATURED!
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday

If you like my Blog you can Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

8 comments:

  1. This mantle is so beautiful! I love all the neutrals and textures

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful! The rustic look is always especially nice at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fireplace wall, everything looks so pretty. Decorating the niches to coordinate with the mantel is perfect. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marty.. It means a lot.. Your link parties are great. And I am so grateful that you featured my christmas sneak peek this week!

      Delete
  4. So cute! love your style! Came over from A stroll thru life!xoxoaimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Thank you Aimee!!.. Glad you stopped in today :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete