01

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

More changes to our Wooden Planter Box

So I found this great planter box a few summers ago while antiquing.. I loved its large size, but I wasn't quite sure how I felt about the natural wood.. I left it for almost a year just to see if it would grow on me.. It didn't!! So around Christmas time I painted it with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Paris Grey. I love the grey paint colour but the one tone was throwing me off.. I left it for the holiday season but it really wasn't the look I had envisioned. Finally last week I couldn't take it anymore, so I took my trusty Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint and started painting. Then I applied a subtle rubbing of Country Grey chalk paint over it to warm it up a bit. Lastly I lightly sanding it for a rustic distressed look. See how it all turned out below...

The REVEAL!!! I couldn't be happier with how it FINALLY turned out!
Shared with:
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Shabby Art Boutique- Shabbilicious Friday

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment