01

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Guest Bedroom ~ Soft Blues & White

This is one of our guest rooms on the upper floor. We currently live in a 4 bedroom home, with only 2 of the bedrooms in use by myself and my husband and the second by our daughter.. But don't kid yourself.. we NEED every bit of space, we live more up north and in the summers our house is packed with guests... you may have guessed it, we have a POOL!! We are like the summer cottage you drive to.. only an hour from the city :) I always try and make all of our rooms beautiful but also livable, I want our guests to feel at home when they come. This bedroom came with california shutters when we moved in which was a nice clean touch.. overall we didn't do too much to this room aside from paint it Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray and replace all the old carpet to fresh new neutral one. Now the room is soft and calming with a white and touches of soft aqua and pastel blue. 

We removed the dated window valances, builder light and old carpeting.. 
The plans for this bedroom is to eventually add a window seat and wall mouldings. Its got the most perfect popped out window indentation just begging for a window seat ;) 
I painted this antique desk in Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White. Its basically a decorative piece of furniture, I just love the cut out details in the front of the desk.
On top of the dresser I have a set of Vintage encyclopedias from 1901.. over 100 years old.. they are obviously worn and aged but I love how the navy colour flows with the rest of the blue tones in the room.
Here I hung a plank wooden chalkboard that I made a while ago. I stencilled the word DREAM on it.
Below the chalkboard it this great painted wicker basket in a light gray colour. I found the basket at my thrift shop for $20. Now maybe I am cheap but $20 seemed high for a thrift shop.. definitely not one of my best DEALS.. But I loved the colour and style so much. Overall it was in great shape so after a good wipe down, It has found its home here in the guest room ;) 
We changed out the builder basic light with a new chandelier.  Its a beautiful floral detailed light fixture made to look Antique. It has a ceramic floral vine detail with a drum shade to modernize it up a bit.
Thanks for looking today.. Stay tuned for more Bedroom & Basement Reveals

Shared with:
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Shabby Art Boutique- Shabbilicious Friday

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa. Very serene and calming and sweet. Great job. Your guests will never want to leave!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris, I want my guests to feel at home.. BUT I do want them to eventually Leave!! :)

    ReplyDelete