01

Friday, December 11, 2015

Our Christmas Tour - Porch & Halls...

Welcome to the first part of our holiday home.. I'm going to be honest this year was a tough one to find the time to fully decorate.. I absolutely love to decorate for the holidays but it was a tad too much with a new little one. So this year is a touch more simple, of course I still added little hand-made details to keep our Christmas home special.. just not as much as last year. I kept with the natural elements and took a more rustic, traditional approach by adding bits of red. Hope you like how it all turned out..

Come on in, On the doors I kept our classic preserved boxwood wreaths from Target and attached a simple ready made Burlap bow. The Bow was a surprise find at Rona the last time we were there. In the corner by our doorbell I leaned a vintage worn wood sled a I found it at a local craft sale last weekend.
Inside our home on the Hall corbel table I placed wooden letters spelling out Noel and a galvanized Tin vase full of pretty realistic faux pine branches 
On our little front hall bench, I continued with the Burlap theme with our pillows. I ended up making  the polka dot Believe pillow last year.
Another awesome find from the craft sale was this great floral mesh wreath. As soon as I saw it at the craft sale I just knew I had to have it.. Its extra large size really fills up our mirror. I decided to jazz up the mini mannequin by draping it in a tiny Noel burlap banner I made. 
I kept the J O Y pillows  in the same place on our bench as last year. With the addition of this Home made stencilled Sleigh Rides wooden sign
Hanging off our Antique inspired mirror is a 12 days of Christmas countdown banner made of jute ribbon strand with tiny wooden clothespins holding sewn kraft paper envelopes.Each of the sewn envelopes are made to look vintage and are numbered. I purchased them from this great Etsy shop Vintage Market Place. I bought them to excite our 2 1/2 year old daughter and filled them with little stickers.. like she really needs any more reason to be excited for Christmas :) 
For an alternative to Greenery / pine garland I wrapped the railing in simple 6" burlap and cotton muslin bows.. see more on this DIY HERE.
If you missed our main Christmas Home Tour you can see it HERE

Thanks for stopping by today! Stay tuned for more on our Holiday Home tours...

Shared with:

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment