01

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Black and White Guest Bedroom Reveal

Today I am sharing our other guest bedroom.. it was a blank canvas when we moved in with pale creamy walls. We have since changed out the old carpeting and builder light.. and added some much needed wall art, decor and window shades. See how I used black decor and off set it with calming whites and neutrals to keep it soft. See below for more details... 
For me there is always one piece of art or fabric that is my jumping off point for every rooms theme.. and for this room its my black and white damask settee.. I bought this at a Home Depot store 8 years ago, it was a online return from someone for only $200.. I just loved it!

To fill up the wall space and brighten the room. I hung a mix of vintage mirrors that I had picked up at various thrift stores over the years.  I will post more on this soon...
As much as I love this settee, its busy pattern can make decorating the rest of the room hard! To soften the pattern I used neutral white linen, muslin and burlap pillows to break it all up.
I made this headboard years ago using a piece of wood, foam, fabric and tufting buttons and a staple gun. Its held up great but I am ready for a change so I am on the hunt for a new headboard..
I kept the bedding simple and timeless with White Linens from Ikea and black polka dotted sheets from Ralph Lauren. It adds a fun pop to this room and who doesn't love polka dots?
Again the Burlap pillows just helps to ground the room and break up the excess black and white so its not too theme-y. 
For end tables I used our round mirrored nesting tables and antique ceramic Horse lamps.
You can see more on how I decorated this 3 tier stand HERE.
I decorated this antique cabinet that my aunt gave me with antique silverware, vintage books and pretty perfume bottles. If you missed my cabinet Vignette reveal you can see it HERE.
I used the top of the cabinet to display some natural wicker items and dried flowers for a more organic touch.
For drapes we hung white dotted sheer balloon shades from Target. They soften the windows and hide our practical, but ugly white blinds underneath. 
Lastly for a ceiling fixture my hubby hung a vintage chandelier that we used to have hanging in our previous Family room. The black iron base and off white fabric shades work in this room perfectly.
Hope you enjoyed this room reveal..  more Room Reveals to come :)

Shared with:
From my Front porch to Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment