01

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Nautical First Birthday Party

So our little guy recently turned 1!! oh my gosh 1!! how the year flew.. well at times it was slooowww!! But overall these last few months at least have flown by!!

So his Nursery is nautical so it was only fitting that his first birthday would be too. I found a ton of great inspirational ideas via pinterest. So I am here to show a few ideas we used and how it all turned out...

If you haven't guessed it I am a HUGE ETSY FAN!! My mom has a shop on Etsy too.. What an incredible marketplace to buy unique, custom, homemade items.. from all over the WORLD!

To start I had purchased his invites and a lot of his cutsie details on ETSY. Besides custom invites lets not forget about the custom envelope seals and address labels.. I'm just a huge sucker for the details.. I love them.. I'm sure no one else will even notice but I know!! And well now you do too ;)


The Nautical theme continued to the rest of his party where I hung a burlap sign off his high chair .. It made a great photo prop for his Thank you Cards later! ;)
Outside along with balloons I hung a burlap '1' sign off a old window frame by our door.
Burlap bags with Anchors hold some treats for the kids goody bags.
Nautical inspired dish wear.. The lifesavers was a cute Pinterest Idea! You can follow me on my Pinterest HERE.
For the food table.. we added little nautical details.. a watermelon boat with striped fabric sail, Goldfish crackers in a candy jar that resembled a fish bowl..and devilled eggs made into mini boats by simply adding a red pepper as the sail ;)
For the cake.. I went with a simple anchor detail on a large cupcake aka smash-cake for the birthday boy.. And for the rest of the guests simple cupcakes displayed in a Anchor layout.. all different flavours with a universal buttercream icing for a more uniformed look.
I found these personalized name candles at a party store while I was pregnant.. I had almost forgot about them but then last minute I was going through one of his bedroom drawers and found them.. thank goodness I feel like they made his smash cake!!
Mmmmm.. Yummy gummy Blue whales and Disney Frozen inspired blue jelly beans were a big hit at the dessert table.
Some-ONE's excited!!! 
Don't you just want to be 1 again ;)
So once the party was over I ordered his custom Thank you cards.. I also ordered the PDF file from Etsy. This time with writing on the front and a full picture of him on the back (Just incase you want to frame our little guy!) I love that I can just go to my local Staples store and within a few hours.. I had all his Thank you cards printed and ready to mail.

If you liked this you may like our daughters Shabby Chic first Birthday Party from a few years back.

 Source List:

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!



1 comment:

  1. Just adorable Lisa. Your little guy is a cutie. Love the pics of him with his smash cake. Very cute. Love the nautical theme.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete