01

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Basement Rec Room Reveal

So I've been up to a few furniture changes down in our basement over the past few weeks.. I moved our 2 linen chairs that use to be at our kitchen head table chairs from our previous farmhouse table downstairs.. We currently don't need them upstairs anymore as we are trying out a round table in the kitchen to change things up a bit... We also moved our black and white settee sofa from the guest room downstairs.. We placed the settee right in front of the window, I love the way now I can sit with my feet up while watching and reading with the kids. See how our Rec room turns out by clicking 'Read more' below..

The truth is I absolutely LOVE our black and white damask settee but I was just getting bored of it in our guest room.. I hated how it dictated our colour scheme, with a black and white damask it turned into the main theme..Don't get me wrong, though I love damask print ..it's a very overwhelming/ powerful pattern ..especially in black and white! So now with it out of the guest room I feel like I have a lot  more colour choice options..
These linen chairs are streamlined yet still comfy so I am so glad I found a home for them.. Recently they have come in handy when I have had moms over for the kids playdates..
I'm loving the settee down stairs.. Its such a natural fit for the space, the black and white flows perfect with all the grey and white in our basement. Even though it's a busy pattern it looks great with everything we already had! And now I can keep it cause I really didn't want to give it up! ;(
I just can't believe we didn't move it down here sooner!
.
Well hopefully you found some inspiration here today..Maybe inspired you to move some furniture around? ;) You can see more updates on our basement below..
Here is another angle of our basement in our open rec-room area. You can see updated pics of our Basement Reveal HERE
If you missed this post.. I wrote all about adding Billy Bookcases to flank sides of fireplace HERE
If you're interested you can read more on our basement wall mouldings HERE
You can see more on our basement Bathroom RENO HERE

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & now Instagram too!

No comments:

Post a Comment