01

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Winter Decor in our Living room

With Christmas over I wanted to keep the decor simple so I continued the neutral theme into our living room.. For me its classic and calming..To help it feel extra cozy I added lots of throw blankets and pillows.. with a few new additions ;).. See what we have been up to lately below ..

I've been wanting to change the furniture layout in our living room for quite some time.. if you follow me on Instagram you've probably seen some of my inspiration/want pics on my page.. Our living room is on the tiny-er side and has almost no wall space so unfortunately I don't have many options.. we have 2 large openings into the room, one to front hall and one to dining room.. then the media unit takes up the main wall so the couch naturally has no where to go but under the window.. I've been wracking my brain thinking of a alternate plan...and then.. dun dun dun.. It's to get my contractor in to extend the wall between the foyer and living room 20" so I can add a big sectional and change up the furniture a bit :) .. so for now I had my talented hubby build me an arched wooden door to act as a divider between our front hall and our living room to see how I like the separation..

If we keep the door up I will be painting it.. still not sure on colour yet?? Any tips would be appreciated.
I kept the skis up from our Christmas decor as its still winter and skiing is a winter sport :)
Just after Christmas I bought myself a little treat.. this botanical art.. It all wood with this great distressed frame.. I'd been eyeing it for months so I was super excited when I got to buy it and bring it home..
For pillows I stuck to simple ticking stripes in beige and brown. The brown striped ones are a unique find because they are double sided with this shabby chic floral pattern on the reverse. Both pillow covers are Etsy finds.. Gotta love Etsy!
I didn't want too many graphic pillows so I just added a Paris coordinates one and angel wing to break up all the stripes. Then added in my more recent Homesense find.. this super soft polka dot throw! It was love at first sight!

I had to include this pic of my little photo bomber below ;) He just wants to be a part of everything I do! ;) Hope you all enjoyed.. Have a great rest of your week! 
Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

SHARED WITH:

No comments:

Post a Comment