01

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Winter Neutrals in our Family Room


Happy 2017.. I know I haven't posted in a while, I took a step away from the blog for a bit to spend quality time with my family but I'm back and ready to share more fun home reveals.. So here is what we have been up to lately.. With the Christmas decor all packed away.. neatly I may add.. did anyone else get bitten by the organizing bug this year?.. even my hardware/tool drawer got organized.. its so gratifying!!
 Anyways so with the extras all put away I gravitated to a neutral, more simplified Family room. Decorated with natural wood decor and bits of taupe's and grey's. Come and see how it all turned out..

The main seasonal changes Coffee table tray decor, fireplace mantel decor and of course pillows!!!
For our coffee table tray decor, I added larger wire cloche with a trio of candles inside, mixed with a driftwood ball and wicker coasters. 
The fireplace mantel is a mix of more woods.. a blend of 3 wooden candlesticks, a loose mango wood branch and a wooden statue. All the wood items tie into the rest of the decor items on our open shelving on the right side of our media unit.
For the pillows I went with more grey tones.. My latest find are these beautiful pillows from Sarah Richardson design collection.. the larger grey and ivory marble patterned print is reversible to this contemporary striped print.. They are such great quality covers that are piped and have discreet zipper closure.. I just love them! I paired them with solid grey linen with jute trim, I picked them up last year from Homesense.
One change is the addition of the side tray table from our living room. It's nice to finally have a spot to put a glass down if I sit on that side of the couch. ;)
To brighten up all the wood ever so slightly I added flowers.. well dried hydrangeas to be exact.. this 'fresh herb box' has been so instrumental in our decor over the past months.. in summer I had it in our kitchen and filled it with fresh mint.. for Christmas it housed these cute little faux Christmas trees..
I left the SNOW sign up as its still coming down outside :( I'm ready for spring, how about you?.. I've seen enough of the white stuff here, my kids on the other hand would disagree... oh innocence. ;)
Well hope your enjoying your weather wherever you are.. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

SHARED WITH:

No comments:

Post a Comment