01

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Spring decor in our Dining room


To help blend our open living and dining room Spring decor together.. I added a simple chambray blue table runner to flow with the chambray denim pillows on our sofa in the living room.. the runner adds the color pop of 'blue' this room needed for Spring! 
Because I couldn't find a Spring table runner long enough for our table.. I just layered the new Chambray runner on top of a longer off-white burlap one we had. Now the chambray one doesn't get lost on the large table. The chambray runner is from Homesense. While the burlap one is a roll of fabric that I picked up at my Canadian Tire store around Christmas time. 
If you like our Chandelier you can see how I updated it by adding rope HERE
For the table top decor I finally got to use the galvanized tins I have had in storage.. I got all 5 tins for $8 at an online auction ;).. The original plan was to eventually make some sort of outdoor wall display with them.. but for now the vintage galvanized metal pots make great vases for our dried hydrangeas. I dried this huge hydrangeas straight from our garden at the end of the season last year. They have held up great and the soft yellow-y green color really says 'Spring' to me.. By adding these touches of color.. the room seems to come alive and give off such a happy vibe ;) Or maybe that's just me with all the snow gone and the sun finally shining.. Mama's feeling so happy! ;)
You can read more on the french provincial chair Makeover HERE
I'm really thinking of painting my aunts hutch.. I love style but I think for it to flow more with our homes decor it needs to be painted? what do you all think? Leave me a comment on any color suggestions ..
Here you can see how arches open up into the living room where the spring theme continue.. If you missed my post on the Spring decor in our living room you can see it HERE
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week whatever you have planned ~ Lisa.
Don't Miss a post... You can follow me on Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment