01

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Decor in our Family Room

Wow 2 more sleeps till the big day!! So I know I am cutting it close with our FULL Family room reveal but here it is.. Our family room is the heart of our home, so it just made sense that it's where we set up our tree and stockings this year. Check out our full neutral French country Christmas decor in our family room below..
Lets start with our tree, we used our vintage faux tree, don't get me wrong a fresh tree smells amazing but a faux one is just so much easier!! We placed our faux tree in a antique galvanized tin tub and used this burlap and ivory ruffles tree skirt as the base. To add some whimsy I placed a faux wooden sled along with this extra large burlap Santa sack that I got from Homesense last year. Over the years I have collected so many different ornaments, so our tree isn't just covered in any one type of ornament it really is a very eclectic mix of handmade, white, red and natural styles.. We trimmed our tree with lights and a grapevine star wooden garland. Last year I found this great woven braided jute trim at Homesense which helped lend to the French country look I was aiming for.

This year I added some touches of red, from the extra large festive word ball ornaments, to the personalized burlap ornaments made from my mom's Etsy shop.
Overall the look of our home is very neutral, with touches of green and red.
On our ottoman wooden tray this year I placed a white bowl full of silver bells on top of a red covered Christmas book paired with a twig reindeer and a yummy scented candle.
I carried the star theme from our Living Room Decor into here as well. A wooden star hangs on our wall behind the couch while a glittery star sits on a our holiday shelf vignette. 
Simple Red Jute Webbing trim Burlap pillows add a festive touch to our painted bamboo chairs.
The star theme continues in our holiday pillows, with this shimmery silver star pillow from Restoration Hardware Baby. A mix of ticking stripe pillows that I made last year.
Our mantel took on a different look than any year past.. I finally found more fairly real looking faux pine branches, so I clustered 6 of them on top of mantel with little hobnail votive candles in between branches .., it looks really pretty at night! On either side of the mirror I placed more Hobnail vases from Hobby Lobby that I filled with 2 pillar candles along with a polka dot patterned tin pots filled with fresh mini lemon cypress trees. Now I'm making no promises that these trees will still be here for Christmas, every year I buy them and every year I kill them :(  by accident of course, I am definitely missing that green thumb!?! so far so good though...
To tie in with the red stripe jute webbing on our chairs, I used some extra webbing to hang a wreath to our linen and chrome mirror.
I found these ruffled stockings that I just had to have as they matched our tree skirt perfectly.. I found them online at Joss and main. Then I added a personalized touch by adding burlap name tags made by my talented mom.
You can see our simple twist on a Holiday Banister Garland you can see how we did it HERE
Here is a sneak peek look into our kitchen

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment