01

Monday, December 19, 2016

Farmhouse Bench Makeover

I decided to change up our dining room a bit by adding this cute farmhouse bench from our deck.. with our Canadian winters and snow and space at a limit for outdoor furniture storage... I decided what a better way than to use my little bench instead of just storing it away.. so here is how it all turned out!! ;)

Don't get me wrong I loved the grey colour and may paint it again for outside use in the summer but for now I love how it looks old and distressed to match our table base..
When I first got this bench and harvest table, it was the original wood that I painted Benjamin Moore Chelsea Grey. For the most recent makeover I painted it with Cottage Paint in Antique White.. then followed it up with Annie Sloan Dark wax focusing mostly on edges, then rubbing my cloth all over with varying pressure.. giving the bench the aged distressed look I craved... now it matches the base of our table.
You can see more of our Dining room decorated for the holidays HERE

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

SHARED WITH:

No comments:

Post a Comment