01

Friday, May 29, 2015

Spring to Summer Coastal Family Room

This is my favourite style of decorating .. Relaxed coastal.. Adding little touches of nautical items throughout our home.. I try to minimize them during the off seasons of Fall and winter and really pop them back out during the Spring and summer.. Happy times ahead! Its a eclectic mix of woods, ropes, boats, coral and nautical touches.

Above our TV we have this great display space backed in beadboard wallpaper. I used a glass jar with rope, wicker box with wood tripod holding a thin rope ball and one of my favourite pieces that sets the tone for our whole Family room.. the planked wooden sail boat art.
For the cushions I kept them the same neutral ones.. I will be changing them to soft blues in the next month or so. I did however change the side table display. I used our silver and rope tray as the base and added in a white pitcher full of dried hydrangeas from our garden and wooden candle sticks.
For the mantel I kept it simple decorating around our linen and chrome mirror. I used our chrome lantern that used to be on coffee table tray and put it up here. Paired with a piece of faux coral, vintage book and a small driftwood and canvas boat
For the coffee table display.. I have a galvanized tin vase with 3 metal cones full of dried lavender.. one of my many beach vacation purchases. Along side this great driftwood ball from one of my best friends Clare.
The weathered Antiques sign is a Vintage find from last summer.. It just may be my favourite piece in our whole house.. I just love it. 
I stencilied a simple SPRING letters on a piece of extra cedar wood. I kept it natural as I liked how the natural colour of the wood flowed with our decor.
Here is a sneak peek into our Spring Kitchen eating Area.. more on that to come..
Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

3 comments:

  1. Your coastal theme is done very tastefully. Sometimes I think the coast theme can turn kitschy really quickly. I love the muted colors. I really like your dining table area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Great coastal summer decor and I love the soothing neutral palette. The painted rattan chairs are lovely pieces. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! All these pieces add so much interest to the room. Love the oar!

    ReplyDelete