01

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

New Vintage Headboard for Guest Bedroom

This post is a long time coming .. I painted this headboard months ago and I am just finally getting around to sharing it, life gets busy sometimes!! The headboard was a ReStore find for only $10!! I loved the style and detail and hello the price. This will eventually go into our daughters big girl bedroom but for now its in our guest bedroom.  I want to really lighten the room and give the bedroom a little more of a french country look to flow with other areas of our home. It is still a work in progress..

 This is how the Headboard looked Before I painted it:
I LOVED all the wooden design details..
 I painted it with my trusty Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. It took about 3 coats. Below on the left is 1what it looked like with one coat vs the right side got 2 coats.  I never did apply a wax to seal it, as I don't mind if the paint gets a little distressed.
Stay tuned for more changes to this room..
This is how The bed and room looked before:
You can see our Master Bedroom REVEAL HERE

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

2 comments: