01

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vintage chandelier Before & After


Here is a Easy Transformation of a Vintage Chandelier. It was an amazing Thrift store find for only $8!!!! A little spray paint and some time (30mins max!) and it was transformed into a fabulous shabby Chic Antique White Chandelier!  
I lightly sanded the metal to remove any dirt and cleaned the wood with a paper towel to allow for better adhesion of the spray paint. I also covered the tops of the candelabra sticks so no paint would get inside and wreck the electrical. (I have removed them on past projects but these were quite stuck and in great condition... so I left them)

I sprayed it with 1 can of Rust-Oleum Heirloom White . I did in 2-3 light layers.


This was after 2 coats.. so I just touched up where the darker areas were shining through.

All done for $15.. Not bad!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment