01

Monday, August 4, 2014

How to decorate a 3 tier stand with old Silver

  





So I finally figured out a way to display my Grandparents Silver.. I was given this 3 tier stand a while ago and have only used it a handful of times for parties.. so I really wanted to use it in our new home in the guest bedroom.. I found the perfect spot for it.. In the corner of the room beside my black and white settee.. But then what to put in the tiers?? I am at this stage now where I want to use all the decor that has been put away for years with dust on it or give it away!! So Why not my grandparents silver??.. It has literally been in storage boxes for at least 8 years!! Its now or never!! It really is beautiful but I didn't really have a spot until this house..



 Top Tier.. I wanted to keep the items small, so I used these Lavender Soaps and Vanilla tea light Candles from Ikea.. They look cute and make the room smell delicious!!
 Middle tier holds my Great Grandmother Emily's Mirror and brush set.. with her initials engraved!! 
I can't tell you how happy I am to have a place to display these now. 
The largest bottom tier holds tarnished silver goblet cups

COMING SOON:  You can see how I used the rest of the silverware in my great grandparents antique cabinet 

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment