01

Monday, August 24, 2015

Painted Vintage Trunk Makeover

I have had this vintage trunk in our storage area about 5 years now, I have been meaning to paint it for a while now, I or should I say my hubby finally got around to painting it a couple weeks ago. See another pre-baby arrival makeover .. It's a far cry from the bright blue trunk that it was before.. see all the details below...

 I had my hubby spray paint it for me as I was pregnant! We went with a flat white. It looked great but once we placed it in our living room, I hated how stark white it looked when placed in the same space as our Ikea Liatorp media unit. 
 So I decided I had to warm it up a bit, I lightly painted over the spray painted finish. I chose Cottage Paint chalk paint in Antique white to warm the colour up a bit. Now I love how it flows in the room. It helps brighten the room and I find it actually makes it look bigger. 
This is the round wood and marble top Antique coffee table that we used to have in our Living room. I still love this table... I just wanted to change things up a bit more in here. I didn't get rid of it,  just had my hubby put it under the stairs in our basement in case I change my mind again...
You can see more of our Summer Living Room Here


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment