01

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Building a pull out Vanity Drawer

Today I am sharing a little weekend project we were up to recently.. I don't know about you but I can NEVER have to much storage.. for me I have a lot of various cosmetic items and never enough space to store them. Our house was built 14 years ago and for some strange reason the builder never installed drawers.. a girl needs a DRAWER!! so luckily my talented hubby built one for me and I did all the pretty work.. Here is how we made a Vanity Drawer for our Master Bath..

Below is how our bathroom looked before we installed the drawer, we did a mini makeover to this bathroom a while back you can see the real BEFORE HERE
Measure then re-measure the space you are working with. You want to make sure your drawer will fit perfectly!!
First we started with removing the current laminate counter lip. Then my hubby made a pine box with a MDF base for easy cleaning/wiping.  
Then once you have your box/ future drawer made, we added our heavy duty hinges to the sides of our current vanities. We purchased our hinges from Rona, but any hardware store sells them. The brand we used are by Richelieu
 So obviously I couldn't leave a plain pine box.. First I added a simple thin decorative wood frame inset around the front of the drawer.
I painted the pine front with a base coat of white paint to match the rest of our vanity in Benjamin Moore Cloud White, then for hardware I added a satin nickel cup pull.
I filled in any of the gaps around the wood trim with DAP and sanded and painted over the trim 
 so there you have it.. a simple fix to most of my bathroom storage dilemmas 
 
We have been up to a few more bathroom makeovers.. a new Shower Reno to be exact ;) more on that in the coming weeks.. Have a great week!

Source List:
Vanity Paint- Benjamin Moore Cloud White
Vanity Knobs- Restoration Hardware Glass 1 1/4 knobs
Chair- Restoration Hardware
Vanity Lights- Walmart.ca (no longer available)
Drawer cup pull - Rona

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment