01

Monday, June 13, 2016

Planked Wood Stair Ceiling

So since we have been on this planking mission over at our house.. We decided to try it one more spot.. now I know I keep mentioning planking... I just love details, mouldings and wainscotting!!! And its a super inexpensive way to transform a basic space. So talk about BASIC. The slanted ceiling above the stairs, basic at first BUT amazing after wards.

Wow It's hard to believe the changes.. See what our Kitchen looks like NOW HERE.
To plank the stair ceiling we were lucky enough to be able to use left over trim pieces from when we planked our LIVING ROOM ceiling recently. You can see more on that ceiling reveal HERE.
This ceiling look / mini transformation took under an hour to put up (painting was extra time). Here are our simple steps .. Brad nail up left over wood planks, then add trim around edges, fill in holes left from brad nailer using Dap and a credit card so that way I get minimal product application and I don't need to sand it after.. Lazy I know! Then 2 coats of white ceiling paint.
I just wanted to add a simple plank detail and couldn't be happier with how it all turned out!  We painted the wood a solid WHITE. Unlike our Living room ceiling where we let the natural wood grain shine through by just applying a light white wash of paint. I honestly can't decide which look I like best. BUT for me I wanted our halls ceilings to stay a uniform 'White'. Well hopefully this post inspires you to add some wood planks to your home. It's easy I promise! ;)
 
If you liked this post you may be interested to see the Ship Lap / Wood plank wall we did in our son's Nautical Nursery.


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment