01

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Antique Barn Door as our Laundry room door

I am so excited to share what I have been up to lately. I found these amazing doors last summer at a town fair... 3 doors for $80!! We were using 2 of them in our garden last summer and one inside our basement as Wall Decor. Then a few months ago I was inspired by The Lettered Cottage's Door and also a beach house we stayed at recently where they had really cool vintage doors throughout the house (more on that to come!).. Anyways so when we got back from the trip I decided to measure the doors we had hanging around.. and sure enough the 2 of them were a PERFECT MATCH!!
So needless to say I was ecstatic .. Check out this quick and easy change to add vintage charm and character to your home.
Well here you have it .. from builder basic to Farmhouse fabulous.. Dare I say I love going in to my laundry room now. ;)
The hardware came with the door.. I know some of you are hating me right now :( It was just pure luck! We just had to switch the sides of hardware as I wanted the door hung with this side facing out. We used the same hinges from the previous door... I loved the colour and patina on the door.. Its the perfect distressed grey. So we kept the door 'au naturelle' and I just wiped it all down a few times with Clorox wipes just to be safe. 
To me the decal just makes the door! The Fabulous Laundry window decal is from this great Etsy shop.. Wild Eyes signs.
If your interested in more pics of the INSIDE of our Laundry room.. you can check them out HERE.
Shared with:


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin and Instagram

2 comments:

  1. LIsa,
    This is just awesome. Love the antique barn door reloved to your laundry room. So creative and perfect fit.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I just love revamping things :)
      Hope you have a great week!
      ~Lisa

      Delete