01

Friday, November 24, 2017

Fall Decor in Our Family Room

Better Late than never ;) I wanted to post this before our Canadian Thanksgiving and then the days got away from me.. so here it is a day after American thanksgiving and just before I share our Holiday Home Tour.. ;)

Our Family room has gone through a fun little makeover.. we finally replaced the dated tile around our fireplace.. another task on my to-do list for over 4 years.. But recently our son James tipped his heavy wooden rocking horse on the ledge and the porcelain tile broke.. yay!.. so naturally it was time. We got our tile from Lowes and used Silver grout. I'll share more on our DIY fireplace makeover in another post.
For our mantle this fall season we kept it simple.. I leaned a wooden farmers market sign against our mirror.. I picked up the sign a few months back from Decor Steals online. The galvanized steel goes great with the tin vase and our new fireplace tile.
I wanted to stick to natural materials this fall.. so I layered our sofa with tons of neutral textured pillows including this cute pumpkin pillow case I made a few years back. 
The white pumpkin theme continued .. I used a mix of faux and real this year. The ones below are all real... I love the idea of using real whenever possible its just I hate lugging pumpkins around so sometimes my 2 bigger faux ones are just plain easier .. and lighter! ;)
The rusty urn overflows with dried hydrangeas from our garden this fall. Over in our kitchen I continued the theme with more real white pumpkins and galvanized tin vases. 
Thanks for stopping by today .. You can check out our Fall Home tour from last year HERE
Stay tuned.. I will be posting our latest Holiday Home style soon. : )

Don't Miss a post... You can follow me on Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment