01

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Rustic Christmas decor in our Basement

For our basement I kept with the Neutral Christmas theme but added some subtle touches of red. I  hung a red striped jute webbing garland off a antique Barn door.. Isn't this door amazing??..  This past summer I found a trio of doors with the glass still intact for $75 for all 3!! so I jumped at the deal even though I had no idea where they would go or how my hubby would react.. Thank goodness for free delivery ;) We originally had them outside leaned against our fence for the remainder of summer but we brought them in for winter.. 2 are hiding in storage and 1 is leaning against our walls behind this bench , I like the way it looks so much I may just keep it there!
For some sparkle, I hung a Vintage Glass ornament garland across our chicken wire Frame.
I filled a weathered wooden planter box full of an assortment of smaller metallic ornaments and placed it on our end table.
 
Behind our couch I placed a small Christmas Vignette using wooden 'Merry Christmas' blocks and two small trees with rustic wooden tree trunks.
I moved the large Burlap body pillow from our Fall Porch display indoors to this bench. I wrapped cream and red ticking stripe fabric around it and then added a bow.. It changed an ordinary pillow into something festive.. And the best part is I'm not locked into any colour scheme..I can change it up whenever I like this way;)


Shared with:
The Happy Housie - Work it Wednesday
From my Front Porch to Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!





5 comments: