01

Monday, October 19, 2015

Vintage Frames DIY

So I found these vintage frames last year at a garage sale.  I mean 25 cents each just can't be beat! I knew with a little updating they would make an amazing wall vignette. See all the details by clicking below..
The gold in the vintage frame was kind of pretty but too ornate for my sons bedroom, so the creamy gold got painted over with 2 coats of BM Cloud white paint. We had some beadboard leftover from the nursery window seat so I measured the inside of the frame and cut 2 pieces for the frame inserts. I then gave the beadboard a coat of paint for a more uniform look. Now it looks like a brand new 8 x 10 frame. 
 I kept this vintage wood frame 'au naturelle'.. I absolutely loved the nail detail and colour of the wood so it's all staying. I just replaced the insides.. bye bye art, hello beadboard. 
  I also ended up adding these small white wooden clothes pin style closures to the beadboard so I can easily pin up and change pictures of our little guy as he grows. I paired my 2 up-cycled vintage frames with a soft baby blue wood one that I picked up at my local Homesense. Together the frames lend to our subtle coastal vibe in his nursery. 
 
Below is yet another frame transformation I wanted to share with just a little paint. I was actually going to donate this frame as it was looking a little too country cottage for me and I no longer had a spot for it. But as I was putting it in the box, I noticed the plank detail (which I love!) and decided why not just update it with a little paint and cover up the wording.. So with a little blue paint it takes on a whole new look and now it works great in our sons nursery. 
Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

2 comments: