01

Friday, July 11, 2014

Add Vintage Charm to your home by adding Corbels


Here are some ways we have added Corbels to our Homes. You can add them to shelving for some Rustic Eye Candy as shown below. Or use them to hold wood shelving, add detail to a basic door frame, under a island counter, Outside on porch or simply in your garden for architectural detail. 
The possibilities are endless.. View below to see some of the ways we have used Corbels in the past..

This was our Den.. We removed door to allow for a more open feel. Because of the large vaulted ceiling we decided to add a chrome and linen pendant light (more details to follow). In order to draw the eyes up I added 2 metal corbels, one on either side of the door frame. I feel like it added a vintage charm to our new build.

 We also added the shelving into this tiny alcove to provide some much needed display space.. I am slightly obsessed with accessories ;) Details will be on tomorrow's post.

Kitchen Shelving: White Vignette...I used metal corbels that I picked up from a local greenhouse. I paired them with the Ikea Ekby Tryggve wood shelves.. And applied a light wash of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White onto the natural wood to make them flow better with corbels.



This is another pair of antique Corbels from my local Antique shop. They came as 3 (originally I bought for our Kitchen bar BUT they ended up being too wide.. so the hunt continues..) I put one in my new bathroom as seen above and used the other 2 as shown below for a picture display shelf in the guest bedroom. I just LOVE them.



See MORE of my Home Tour Here


No comments:

Post a Comment