01

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Master Bedroom Transformation

Here is the before.. It was missing the finishing touches...
Our Master Bedroom was very BEIGE and plain when we moved in. I have to admit I love neutrals ..as if you hadn't guessed ..but plain walls are not my thing. I always try to add pattern and texture to give my rooms some interest. I also LOVE my accessories which I feel pull a room together. For me its all about layering fabrics and mixing the old and new. So the room feels lived in and cozy. I love more natural fabrics like Linens and Burlap as shown here on bed and bench settee. (One day I hope to get a natural linen duvet set!) I painted my old bedroom set a few years back in Antique white spray paint. What a mission.. my hand killed the next day! It was one of my first spray paint jobs... Overall it turned out pretty good, But in the future I would invest in a professional paint spray for such a large job. The Headboard is made from a piece of wood (5 ft wide x 4 ft high 1 1/2 inch depth) a mattress foam pad that I got on sale and beige fabric (both staple gunned to the back of the wood).  

Below you will see the New dark oil rubbed bronze handle pulls which were added to all the bedroom furniture after I painted them. 

The easiest way for me to add detail and pattern to a room is through pillows. The Pillow covers are mostly hand made by me, using various fabrics that I have fallen in love with over the years. I try to keep my main bigger furniture pieces more neutral and add pattern with pillows. The 2 bamboo chairs in front of window used to be painted black,  I painted them white and added a larger stripe fabric to the seat, its a light taupe and white so not too overwhelming.  
The After pics of bedroom Headboard show a newly added natural linen fabric and upholstery tacks (from my Papa's old vintage couch). I love painted furniture if you can't tell.  
The biggest impact is from the wallpaper and ceiling crown moulding,  It added a ton of visual interest. The wallpaper is an ironwork grate design by Brewster. (Amir Brown Ironwork #283-62944)

Thanks for stopping by.. You can see FULL House tour HERE

Don't miss a post, follow me through BLOGLOVIN


No comments:

Post a Comment